Walks
Back in the fall, when the babies were getting bigger and the weather was nice and cool, I started taking the boys out on more walks. It isn't easy getting two babies and a stroller out of our apartment by myself, but I got the hang of it. There are several steps involved:
1) Strap both babies in their seats. 2) Take stroller frame outside and set it up. 3) Go back inside for babies. 4) Take them both out into the hall. 5) Leave Gavin at top of stairs while I carry Dominic downstairs. 6) Leave D downstairs while I go up and get G. 6) Use D as a doorstop so I can get out the first door with G. 7) Use G as a doorstop so I can get out the second door with D. 8) Snap both seats into the frame. 9) Maneuver stroller out of front gate.
Good to go! Then I just have to repeat it backwards when I get home. No problem!
![]() |
| The babies couldn't be more excited for their walk. |
![]() |
| A pretty church on our regular walking route. |
![]() |
| Our street on a lovely October afternoon. |
![]() |
| The boys waiting patiently to go back inside. |
![]() |
| Dominic knows the drill. Hanging out alone in the hallway while I take Gavin upstairs. |
Parks
The good weather last fall also meant some trips to the park. We took the boys to Carroll Park a lot, which is just a few blocks from our place, but it unfortunately doesn't have any grass. Prospect Park is a huge, beautiful, grassy park, but it's kind of far away. We did manage to get there once, though, and it was worth it!
Natalie's Visit
Natalie and her friend Ari were in town for Halloween. We spent a fun afternoon playing with the babies. The boys loved them and had so much fun. I wish we could see Auntie Nat a little more often!
Halloween
I was so excited for the boys' first Halloween. I knew exactly what I wanted to dress them as...Charlie Brown and Snoopy! I had big plans to make the costumes myself and then show them off at our ward's Chili Cookoff, which was the Saturday before Halloween. Well, the day of the cookoff came around, and not only did I not have the costumes made, there was a freak snowstorm. I trudged through the blizzard to the fabric store to get supplies for the costumes, and by the time I got home, freezing and soaking wet, I knew the cookoff was a no-go. I did get the costumes done for Halloween night...after the babies were in bed. Whatever. At least I got pictures, and they are adorable!
![]() |
| Having a special moment as they gaze out the window at their first snow. |
![]() |
| We bundled them up and took them outside while we handed out candy in front of our building. |
![]() |
| Their temporary Halloween costumes, which they wore to hand out candy. |
![]() |
| Charlie Brown Gavin |
![]() |
| Snoopy Dominic |
Rice Cereal



















So many smiles while reading this post! We love you and miss you and can't wait to kiss the boys again.
ReplyDeleteYou are a busy woman! I love all the cute pics. You guys are an amazing family. Can't wait to see you again.
ReplyDeleteGood job, Scarlett. Thanks for the update. I love you all! Wish yu were here (or I was there :) )
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mom
Your walks look super pretty. I mean you DO live in a cool place. I didn't know about Charlie Brown and Snoopy, Thing 1 &2 is super cute too! How did i miss that nat was there for Halloween? Sounds fun!
ReplyDelete