Monday, November 21, 2011

Utah!

A lot has happened in the 4 months since my last post. Let's take a look back, shall we?

In July, when it was 90 degrees with 75 percent humidity, I was trapped in our apartment with two screaming babies and a puny window AC that costs a fortune to run. I was miserable and missing our family...and their central air conditioning. So, I found a good deal on some JetBlue tickets, and before I knew it we were on our way to Utah!

I stayed the entire month of August, and it was just what I needed. Chris stayed for about 10 days, went back to NYC to work (and experience the earthquake and Hurricane Irene), then came back to Utah to help me fly home with the babies. I had big plans to see friends and do lots of vacation-type stuff, but it turned out that the babies didn't care if we were on vacation. For some reason, they still expected me to take care of them. But it was OK. We did get out a lot, and we were with our family.

We stayed with the Lindsays', and I spent 2 weeks with my parents. For some reason, I didn't get my camera out much at the Lindsays! (Chris took photos on film.) I feel so bad that I don't have pictures with Grandma and Grandpa Lindsay. I am going to continue to use the insanity excuse for the lack of photos. I will make sure that doesn't happen next time.

My mom got really good at holding both babies at once...better than me, in fact.

We spent a lot of time playing on the floor with the twins' new toys...thanks, Aunt Pam!

The babies loved their grandparents!

My dad would come in from work and chat with the boys during the day.
They were always excited to see him.

Again, holding two babies. Good job, Mom!


With Cousin Lindsay and Aunt Pam at Pam's awesome Labor Day party.
Pam made friends with the babies when she came out in June to help us...we are forever grateful.

Dominic chillin' at his first pool party.
Gavin was a little iffy about the water.

Dominic and Gavin met their identical twin second cousins. It was a twin party!


For the first time in their lives they got to lie on real grass. Poor deprived city kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment